2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Sunday, November 4, 2012

Extra hour!

This morning we got up at normal time, no extra hour of sleep for me.

Today was my first meal out! Husbeast and I headed for a little diner for breakfast. Happily they have grits on the menu so I got a 2 egg scramble with ham, cheese, onions, green peppers and a side of grits! Mixed them together, very yum.

Managed to get in a little less then half. Ate nice and slow. Enjoyed myself very much! It was great to not over eat. Such a difference from before WLS.... When every time I sat down for a meal it was akin to a speed eating contest.

We spent an hour waiting on some stores to open, opps....time change...not how I wanted to spend my extra hour today, but shoes must be bought! I need to retire my sandals for winter, such that it is down here (I.e. not particularly cold).

Weigh in this morning. - 270.8

Wow. I had another moment last night where I just couldn't believe that this was really happening... There was no way that I could keep losing. Mind shift, I am going to keep losing. And tomorrow I get to start biking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment