2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Friday, November 16, 2012

Downward trend

Last night we went out with some friends for a fancy dinner to celebrate my Husbeasts new job. The friends we took with us had a hand in him getting new said job. We wanted to treat them as this has really changed our lives, almost doubled his income, halved his on call duties, and is in general BETTER!  YAY!

We also hit the gym with the husband of this couple, so they know about my surgery, which makes it WAY easier to eat out with them -- no pressure to eat more.

We went to a great seafood restaurant, shared some tasty appies.  I had a cauliflower & shrimp soup for entree and then a demitasse cup of sweet leaf ice cream for dessert.  Plus we all shared bites of the great food they had.

Overindulged, yes. And this morning I could feel the puff in my hands from all the salt that chefs use. This is life and I'm not eating out every night, so I'm not feeling guilty.

Weigh in this morning was up - 270.8.   Understandably, given last nights late meal (8pm).

So to make myself feel better I did my November weight chart.  The trend is downwards. That is all that matters. Its not fasts this month, but its heading in the right direction. 

Happy Friday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment