2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Sunday, November 11, 2012

More of the same

Weigh in this morning: 271

It's officially a plateau and annoying!

I guess losing so much so fast in the start meant that this was going to happen quickly as well. My body I'm sure is freaking out metabolism wise.  However, I'm defiantly using this time to work out the kinks.  And I'm still 30lbs down, so I'm going to be happy today.

1. Eating too fast - Must.Slow.Down, and take smaller bites. Old habits

2. Water - drink it - working on it!

3. Exercise - doing good - I had 2 squat sessions this week - yesterdays left my legs sore all day and I can feel them this morning. I've been on the bike 3 times. I'm aiming for M, W, T, F, Sun next week.  Also, dog walking, typically 15 - 25min a day. sometimes less (bad owner).

4. MORE SLEEP - I've been going to bed later and later. That has to stop. 6:15am comes fast when you go to sleep at 11:45.  not good.

I'm doing lots of running around today, so I'm going to start in on the cleaning next.  Dog fud, and groceries have been bought and I'm planning some pumpkin smoothies for breakfast this week!!

I've also cleared out the closet of a bunch of clothes that don't fit anymore.  Wee!  

A friend that had lap band a couple of years ago is handing me down her 20's and 18's pants, since I'm about at that size now. Very exciting to get some new clothes that I don't have to shop for.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I love that you're focusing on those NSVs like clearing out clothes that are too big, and getting some smaller sizes! Keeping positive thoughts for you that this plateau will break soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks Karen, you are so right, it shall break! and soon!

    ReplyDelete