She nominated me with the Liebster Award. I had to look up what liebster is, cause thats the kind of nerd I am. It's German, and is a term for a beloved, sweetheart. Term of endearment. Oh, also "Favorite"! Well, isn't that sweet! :)
Okay, so award comes with 11 facts about me, 11 questions from Karen, and then I nominate 5 people for the award with 11 questions of my own. Frankly, I don't really know 5 bloggers well enough to nominate them, so I'll post my questions below, and if you want to answer them in the comments, I would be really really pleased!
11 Facts about me:
- I have a mini rib - bottom right side. Its less then half the length of the same one on the left! I call it Adam.
- I've broken many many bones. The running total now is at 9. Last one was in 2003, so knock on wood!
- I'm a Canadian, living in the US as a Permanent Resident Alien! On the final approval of all my paperwork (2 years later) we had an alien party and everyone had to wear tinfoil hats.
- I haven't had cable tv in 9 years. I lived without tv for 5 of those 9. Husbeast needed a tv though, so I caved.
- I read everyday. I typically read at least one book a week and have 2-4 on the go at the same time. Love sci-fi, fantasy, zombie, post apocalyptic fiction, but I read other stuff too. I just finished, The Economist Goes to Lunch. Very interesting! Karen, we are going to have to trade notes on what you and I are reading!
- I grew up on a dairy farm, so I LOVE me some milk and milk products!!
- I have a bunch of tattoos, most are easily hidden.
- I have one brother.
- I'm terrible at math.
- I have size 10.5 - 11 feet. I love shopping for shoes in the US! I could never find size 11's in Canada.
- I'm looking forward to being a "normal" sized human being.
Karen's 11 Questions to me:
- What careers did you consider before the one you are in currently? Farrier and Teacher.Those are the two that I can remember thinking about doing as a career. As a middle aged person (from my late teens to early 30's) I never really wanted a career, and just travels and pretended like that could be my life. Of course now, I wish that I had finished university and had a career instead of a job. Such is life, I do good work, it pays okay, and I don't hate it.
- What were you most afraid of as a child? What are you most afraid of now? As a child - The Dark! As an Adult - Spiders in the Dark!!!!!!
- What type of music do you enjoy?
Almost all types! Lately I've been listening to a lot of Blues, got turned onto it by a great song, Nasty Letter by Otis Taylor. However, I've got 60's, 70's, 80's 90's rock in my car, as well as dance music, some metal and the current top 40 hit radio stuff. Pretty eclectic.
- What is different about your life today that you never would have predicted
10 years ago? I'm married and don't want kids.
- Do you watch any sports on TV? Which ones? Nope. I used to watch a lot of rugby, but in North America that is on limited offer for tv. Plus, we don't have cable (by choice), so I mostly watch movies and documentaries on netflix.
- What was your most favorite vacation?
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
.... you are a hard ass Karen, I'm going to have a hard time picking. Original movies - Star Wars, New movies - Star Trek.
- What is the last movie you saw in a theater? The newest Batman. Pretty good.
- Do you wear a watch? If you don’t, why not?
Nope, I can't actually. Ever since I started trying, a watch that touches my skin never lasts more then three days on me before the battery is dead (insert creepy music here).
- What do you look forward to about the holidays? What do you dread about the
holidays? I love the decorating of the house, I dread the undecorating of the house!
- If you were the leader of your country (i.e. president, prime minister,
etc.), what are the first changes you would make in the country’s policies? Okay, this is a toughie for me, firstly because I'm a Canadian. Secondly, because I'm a Canadian and am fairly apathetic about politics (fairly = extremely). So, the first thing that I would do in the USA is get rid of the insurance system that keeps Americans from getting heath care that is actually care, and instate the kind of system that is up in Canada, the UK etc. It's the one thing that really chaps my ass down here.
- Favorite protein source?
- Favorite indulgence?
- Cats or Dogs?
- Where would your ideal vacation be?
- What is your favorite color to wear?
- Favorite Book?
- Are you a gambler?
- Winter Olympics or Summer Olympics?
- If you could have any eye color, what would it be?
- What is your favorite piece of jewelry (wedding rings excluded)?
- Who is your favorite James Bond?