2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, November 5, 2012

I had a date this morning

With my bike!!! Best investment ever (besides my VSG surgery that is).

I did a nice easy 17 min ride on level 4. Just wanted to ease my way back into some exercise (though I do an exceptional amount of stairs everyday, since we live in a three story townhome. It's a lot of up and down!).

Food was good over the weekend, I'm averaging 1,000 - 1,200 a day now. My protein intake has been excellent, typically over 75g a day!! I was really pleased to eat out and not lose control. This surgery has really changed my life. I feel like a burden has been lifted. The weight of constantly struggling against my compulsion and hunger for food has been removed.

Not feeling "starving" and the knowing that I can't overeat are really liberating feelings. thinking about food has halved, I'm not imagining where, when, what, and how much I can get to eat. Those used to be all consuming thoughts.

This mornings weigh in was: 270.0

I know that I keep saying this, but every morning I think "this is it, the gaining has to start". I can't believe that I'll be in the 260's his week!!!! The last time I was that weight was 2007. 5 fraking years ago!!!!!!!! Wow!

:) today is a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment