2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy new year!

All my weight track and graphs are on the office computer, So I'll have to do my wrapup on Thursday. 

My weight was up again this morning to 244.4. I'm trying really hard not to be very upset about it. I know that I'm to blame, but it's hard number for me to look at. 

Many many many thoughts of failure and defeat are swirling around. So I have some work to do in 2014 - That much is clear. 

I suppose the best advice is: start as you mean to go on

6 comments:

  1. You can do it. Don't forget that you've started working out again. The weight lifting will cause the build up of lactic acid and fluid for a while (I know you know this). That can definitely affect the scales for a while until your body gets rid of it. Don't be discouraged. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! I'm sore as hell!!! :) Just have to get the snacking under control!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tamzin, Work on the next pound and never look back. Guilt and shame never helps. But...if you can do a confident and assertive sort of self-scolding for your own good, I personally find that helpful and I've done it lately. Who do you want to be??? I ask myself that when I think about eating too much--Is that who I want to be? No. And when I come down from the heights of crazy thought, I thank myself later. Happy new year to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Your words always give clarity! Thank you! and Onwards. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with ya! This is a journey not a race so sometimes the small detours we make help us enjoy it when we get back on the right path :D Well that's what I'm telling myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth!! Managing myself is the key here... back on the path.

      Delete