2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wednesday Workout and Gallstones?

My eating has been shit still.  Off and on - is more accurate I guess.  The afternoons at the office are out of control, so I have to rein that in somehow.

Weights last night
10min bike
jogged over

Goblet Squats
30lb kettle bell x 2 sets x 8 reps

Dead lifts
35 x 2 sets x 6 reps

Dumbbell bench press
30lb dumbell (in each hand)  3 sets x 5 reps

walked home
light stretching
rolled out

I did NOT sleep well last night.  I finally fell asleep around midnight, then woke up with gut pain at 2am.  Lay in bed breathing and worrying.  I think its gallstones, but I don't know for sure. 

right side - bloated, painful to the touch, to lay on to move around.  :(

I had eaten my dinner early (scrabled eggs and toast) and had a small chocolate flourless cake slice when I got back from the gym, so I know my stoumach was empty...

Got up, had some water, peed, number 2 as well.... took some gas-ex went back to bed and felt slightly better. Got some restless sleep - up at 5:50am.  Its going to be a long day.  

On waking up, I feel ... uncomfortable still.   Took the pepermint pills and milk thistle that is reccomended fo gallstones.  I'm not SO uncomfortable that I stayed home, but I don't feel awesome, that is for sure.

Damn it.  I hate these feeling, they always scare me into worrying MORE.  I also don't know if it would be them. I've not been rapidly losing weight anymore, but I guess they could have developedearlier and are manifesting now?   Blarg.

Anyway - keeping a pain spreadsheet on the half-hour to check myself and see how its going.
 

2 comments:

  1. You can have gallstones for years before they are symptomatic. I had a big weight loss in 2000-2001, gradually regained a big chunk of it, and started having gall-bladder pain (and had the GB removed) in 2008. If it is gallstones, you should be feeling the pain in your back as well, under your right shoulder blade. Whatever it is, get it checked out! It may be easily fixed, and it's better than worrying/wondering about it and suffering from the pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cnnie, it IS gallstones. Ultrasound confirmed yesterday. Going to have to be vey careful until surgery with my foods. Can't hurt right!! :) silver lining.

      Delete