2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Sunday, January 5, 2014

Toehold

A weeks worth of effort and I've knocked off half the gain I put on.

Lesson: mindless eating is bad.


Not something that I didn't know, but still... I'm slow I guess!  The new ap (myfitnesspal - free!!) is amazing. Easy to put in foods and I love scanning the barcodes. It's been a major factor keeping me in line this weekend and in the moment! 

Also eating HIGH protein breakfasts. This is a key for me!  Speaking of, it's grocery day And I need to get on my list and get at it. Sunday nights is lunchbox night and I do need to give the dog a bath today as well.  Laundry is on and coffee has been drank. Feeling pretty good for 9am already and I'm still in my pj's. :)


8 comments:

  1. That's great! Good for you! :) I need to get better at logging and get better at what I'm eating. I feel like a bottomless pit sometimes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Some days I think that I've not had surgery at all...then I remember that I could eat a whole large pizza, a pint of icecream and 3 cokes in a sitting... :)

      I have to say - the ap is helping me stay more on track than I thought. Go go technology!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Great job!! I need to see that next week too! I am not hopeful tho. But I am working on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, you will totally rock it out! Are you tracking your food??

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the loss! You convinced me to try MFP, even though I went low-tech for a long time and was logging in a little notebook. But I do like the app. I especially like that it has "Food Notes" and "Exercise Notes" options because I like to write myself a lot of notes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME! if you want to be friends on it for accounability my user name is Tamzin 1974. I really really like it. YAY!!!

      Delete