2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 2013 Monthly Review & Year Wrap up

So Long 2013.   What a year!!


December by the numbers:

Dec 1 - 240.6
Dec 2 - 239.8
Dec 3 - 240.2
Dec 4 - 241.0
Dec 9 - 241.6
Dec 10 - 241.2
Dec 11 - 242.6
Dec 12 - 242.8
Dec 13 - 241.6
Dec 16 - 243.6
Dec 17 - 242.0
Dec 18 - 242.8
Dec 19 - 243
Dec 20 - 243.2
Dec 21 - 243.6
Dec 22 - 242.8
Dec 23 - 242.6
Dec 24 - 242.6
Dec 25 - 241.6
Dec 26 - 241.0
Dec 27 - 241.0
Dec 28 - 242.6
Dec 30 - 242.6
Dec 31 - 243.0
 
Month Pounds: +1.4
Total Pounds Lost:  58



There is a lot of negative things that I could say about this last month. Another gain, Another "failure". But… the reality is – that this is life. It creeps up on me, and I let stress take over and ruin my good habits.  I wish that I had better powers over my craving and food seeking behaviors, but they are things that I can work on, and will/do.  But all in all.  I'm stll over 50lbs down from my sugery weight. 
 
I live a very different life now. A better life. A more controled and happier life. I don't weaze, I don't worry about sitting in a booth. My seatbelt is not at max capasity. I no longer don't do things because I don't want people to see how fat I am.  I don't pee when I sneeze.  I don't worry about flying. I don't worry about walking far. Its been amazing. Life changing.

Actually, let’s focus there for a moment:

I still eat to be super full.  Now the sleeve does help – I cannot eat to a volumes I used to – but it cannot stop me from grazing ALL the time.  Nor can it be held responsible for chocolates, muffins, candy and soda.  Yes kids… this is what I’ve been snacking on.  The hand that feeds me is mine.  I am doing the picking.

The reality is that I overeat still. I have not been tracking my food and I have been eating too many sugars.

The good is – that I know.  I see. I am trying.   I’ve added exercise back into my life and last night I put the “myfitnesspal” ap on my phone (its FREE!!!!) – which is going to do a much better, faster and more awesome job of helping me track my food.  I’m really pleased, and should you want to be my “pal” on there, my user name is Tamzin1974.

This ap lets me scan the barcode of foods and add it in. does NOT get much easier than that.  Plus, it holds your favorite foods so you can quickly select them.  SO MUCH EASIER than my spreadsheets.  Done and Done.  Tracking is happening again (thank you technology!) and fitness is coming back.
 
I spend a good 30min last night scanning barcodes of all my foods in my fridge and pantry  to watch it work. Very impressive!!
 
I have weights 3x a week. I do a cardio warm up before weights, and planning a long Sunday walk with the dog.  I've also been getting on the yard work (raking, digging out the pond, etc.). 

The third factor in this is water.  Which I struggle with … always have.   So I am going to be working on that too. I want to see 210lbs before my 40th Birthday (End of July).  That is 4.2lbs a month for 7 months.  Which is a tall order, but I am going to aim for it.  

I still have to stand by my surgery. I am still so happy that I made that decision. It has really changed my life for the better. I made weight loss attainable, but not easy. I still have to do the work.  

So there you go.   2013 wrap up is going to be short and sweet.  The focus of 2014 is going to be seeing myself differently. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh the grazing...oy vey! December was horrible for me when it came to grazing. Especially if I was hanging at my in-laws. My mother in law makes peanut butter balls, orange balls, sausage balls, cake, cinnamon rolls, etc etc. I wouldn't eat a ton at one sitting but my gosh at the amount I could consume while eating a little at a time. It makes a big difference when you realize it and want to make a change. The MyFitnessPal app is great! I get slack about putting my food in but I need to get better about that. Good luck! I'm right there with ya! :) my MyFitnessPal name is melissapaige84. I'm not a good example (I eat like no veggies lol) but we can keep each other accountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! Yeah - the grazing. Ug. Yesterday I did a lot better with the ap - I pre laoded it with the food that I was going to eat, and i kept me ff "most" of the treats. Very. pleased!!!

      Delete
  2. Ya know, I can totally relate to where you are right now. It's so hard wen everyone keeps bring the food in the house. Will power they say! How do I respond to that? "Yeah will power, you try it!" We can both do this. Time to regroup. One of the great things about today, is we get to start again tomorrow.

    Keep plugging away! I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Glad to see you back blogging Chris!! :)

      Delete
  3. Yep, the grazing gets me TOO! It was my downfall before surgery and it still can be my downfall today. No surgery in the world is going to stop me from grazing. You are doing a good job at recognizing where the issues are and trying to fix them. Keep your chin up, stay strong and you will get there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taks Sheila! Seeing and doing. Seeing...then doing... I'm getting there. It was REALLY nice to have two "down scale" days in a row. Mindfulness is a big part of it. Back on track. :)

      Delete