2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, January 9, 2014

NSV

I have a couple NSV that I need to put down - these aren't just NSV ....they are something more. 

I don't know what to call them, but its pretty awesome.  Cycle-breaks maybe?

Monday and Tuesday my boss asked me to go and get him lunch, this happens on and off and I don't mind, except in past it was also an excuse to get myself a "little something extra" while I did it. A perk, one I might have in past called it.

His standard:
turkey sammich
chips
diet coke
cookie

My (used to be) Perk:
chips
diet coke
cookie

These last two days getting his lunch - I didn't get myself anything. I thought about it - but I didn't grab anything extra at the last minute for myself.  Very Proud.

Also this morning I had to set up breakfast treats for a morning meeting.   I would have typically done it about 15min before the meeting started, so that I could have taken a muffin for myself without anyone seeing - NOT that they would care, I am welcome to a muffin - but I never want to be seen taking food (fat girl thing...you know).

But I don't need a muffin, and I waited until 5min before - and the whole way up I tought about taking one. I thought about it while I was setting out hte napkins, while I was taking the box lids off.... I ate a strawberry and left.

HURRAY!

3 comments:

  1. hurray! those little things are great small cycles that are broken that make for huge successes later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I agree with Tracey...taking those victories however small they are and adding them up, you will find that it DOES make a difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome, and I am so glad that you are giving yourself credit and recognition for those victories. It really does add up!

    ReplyDelete