2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The sun is out

and I'm feeling great today.

Weigh in this morning - 254.0

Very pleased with that.  Eating better and getting my fluids...who would have thought that works...right?  :)

I had my weights workout last night and it was great. I was telling my workout partner how amazingly different I feel moving now that I have lost nearly 50lbs.  Its wonderful.

Side note: I was getting ready to leave last night and caught a side glance of myself in the mirror and almost didn't recognize myself. I'm getting a jawline.  WOOT!!!!

Weights:
front squats 3 x 5 reps of the bar (45lbs)
Bench press 3 x 5 reps (60 x 1 set, 80 x 2 sets)
1 arm bent over dumbbell rows 3 x 8 reps (30lbs dbell)

Happiness!!

I'm on a three day "vacation" starting this morning.  Really, its a three day organizing extravaganza for me:
  1. We are having our town home exterior washed - special thingy they do for stucco. 
  2. Related to first item, we are going to be listing our home for sale in a few weeks, so I'm prepping for that - de-cluttering, packing, throwing out the junk and getting in a base cleaning. 
  3. Tax season is upon us, and as a foreign national I have a LOT more sh*t to get done for this (*pout*).  We have a monstrous amount of medical bills this year.  Husband has 2 knee surgeries, I had mine, plus all the little stuff. So I have to get that stuff prepped.
  4. Women's World 7's Rugby is being held in Houston this week - Friday and Saturday. I'm excited to have a couple friends coming into town to visit and go to the games.
So, really...its not a vacation although I was at Starbucks in my pj's this morning after dropping off the Husbeast at the office, so I can't really complain too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment