2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Monday

Monday Weigh In - 257.8

I had been starting to really worry about my big stall in December.  However, I took stock, thought about my food, my activity, my sleep, my water intake - and decided that I would not have a full blown panic about it. I would simply make a few adjustments back towards the direction that I should and bingo. Payoff.

Today I didn't want to eat my tuna for lunch, but... I did, because now I am full and can't imagine putting anything else in there, protein - its whats good for ya!

"The weight will come off" was my mantra every morning I got on the scale, even though it didn't move much at all. After my little changes, the last few days have been glorious. 

Weigh dropping on the scale is the result of persistence, good eating, water and effort over the last few weeks. NOT giving up. Not eating poorly because I'm not losing anyway so why bother.  All good lessons to file into the brain bank and remember for the end of the month, when this will surely happen again.

I kept on it, and I have been happily rewarded for my perseverance and persistence. 

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Ah yes, perseverance and persistence will ALWAYS pay off! Very good lesson to remember!!! Congrats on the loss...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I should really bookmark this post for myself for next month right!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persistence! That is what I have had to refocuse on. Back to basics! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngrats maam!! Great job!!! Persistance is a great thing! This is going to be a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done....I've refocused this past week and I'm liking what I see on the scales....I've refocused on protein and water..we are always going to have a stall...I believe it's a way for the body and mind to catch up with the weight loss...it's a good thing (even though frustrating and annoying!) Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete