2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Saturday, January 12, 2013

GOAL! -45lbs (down 15%)

Weigh-in this morning: 256.0

Wow!  I really didn't expect to lose again this morning, but I'm NOT complaining!  :)  I've been managing my water and food and staying on track!

I was up early and dressed to go to my volunteer orientation at Dress for Success.  I'm so impressed with their organization, I can't wait to come back and do more.  I was really happy to spend the morning focusing on others instead of myself.

Weigh loss is really an inward focused activity, not that it isn't needed, however it was nice to hit a goal weight, then spend the better part of 2 hours thinking about the difference that I could make in other peoples lives.

So, here is my day, such a great way to start a weekend - 15% of my body weight is gone.  45lbs. 

Today is the 12th - so 3 days from my 3 month sleeversary - I'm doing pretty damn good if I do say so myself! 

1 comment: