2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, January 17, 2013

3 Month Sleeversary

Jan 15 was my 3 month sleeversary, however the flu/crud has me in its clutches and I've been popping drugs, drinking tea, and napping on the sofa for a few days straight without the energy to manage any time at the computer and I was too lazy to do this much typing on the iPhone.
 
2 Month Sleeversay post
 
 
3 Months

Starting weight – 301
3 Month weight – 256

Pounds lost – 45
Pant sizes down – 3
Shirt size down – 2

Changes, yes, there are still changes happening. I've lost 5lbs since last sleeversary, and that still makes me happy.  45lbs is big. I am almost comfortable in my size 18 pants, my tops are getting loose and I can even fit into some XL size tops.  My size 20 pants are huge on me now. I've had a few comments from friends about the change in my face shape, and I've had a few more people not recognize me from behind!

Amazing Improvements:
  1. okay, this one is never fun to admit... but it is a biggie.  I no longer worry about "peeing" a little when I cough or sneeze.  Yeah.  I was. Not always, but frequently enough that I worried about it. It doesn't happen anymore.  Victory is mine!
  2. Walking, stairs and moving around ... all easier
  3. I can bend over in the car, with my seat belt on and pick something up off the floor AND reach the gas-cap release without having to get out.
  4. No more stress about sitting in a booth
  5. We went to an old theater in Galveston for a one-man-show (the hilarious William Shanter - it was awesome) and I didn't worry about my fat hanging over the arm of the seat in intruding on the person next to me.

Moving in general is simpler, easier and I really do feel freer.  I'm pretty close to what I weighed in college and its scary to see my old body coming back!

However one negative is the turkey waddle that is starting to show under my neck.  I am sad to say that I look at that and see the abuse that I did to my own body.  That being said, I'll take turkey waddle over 45lbs of fat any day. So I'm just going to have to learn to love it.

I've been having trouble with portions lately, I've been feeling more stressed, and have been trying to eating more.  Which is uncomfortable and counter-productive. I also haven't been tracking, so I need to get back to that.

Its really hard to believe that it has only been three months. I have a check in with the Dr. on Monday, so I'll be excited to see what he has to say.

okay - I've read this through and think I've covered everything, but honestly, I've been so sick that I could sound totally disjointed.  

I was going to add a picture of the dog - per tradition, but I too can't upload any pictures from my computer.... same as Sheila at This One Body was talking about.  I'm going to have to do some looking to see if this is a blogger change to try and make us use Picasa.  Annoying.

EDIT:   You have to switch to HTML to add the photos (top left), in case anyone else was wondering.


 
He loved his Christmas rein-dog outfit.  teehee

7 comments:

  1. The Hubs and I saw Shatner here in ATL on Sunday!!! I didn't know what to expect going into it---but, I wasn't disappointed. One of the best birthday gifts ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know RIGHT! I thought, even if he's bad it will be entertaining, but he was great!!!

      Delete
  2. What a great post. Posting all the changes over the past 3 months really does put things in perspective. Keep up the great work! Hope you are feeling better soon. I have tried to push the limits a couple of times (due to stress etc) and I now know that it's just not worth it...I'm starting to feel in tune with what my body needs.
    Thanks for the tip on the photo uploading as I was having issues to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm really enjoying my monthly updates. Life changes are great to note, because gawds knows, if I didn't I would totally forget!! haha

      Delete
  3. Love this post! And you are doing a great job and you have had amazing results over the last 3 months! Happy Sleeversary to you! My husband says 45 lbs is like an entire bag of dog food or cat litter. Nice comparisons he gives me i know. I am having problems with uploading pics too google too. Hmmm...

    Keep up the great job and keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! ! bag of dogfood! Damn, I woudnt want to carry one of those around with me all day right now. Its really amazing what that amount of weight OFF can do for a body.

      Delete
  4. 45 pounds in the 3 months. That is so incredible, I can't even fathom that! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete