2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Sunday, January 20, 2013

Brave!

Long weekend for me - I have tomorrow off.  Thank goodness because I'm behind on life from being sick this week.   

I also have my 3 month check up with my Dr tomorrow afternoon! I'm really excited!

The other main task that I have is prepping the house for sale. We are putting it on the market at the end of Feb.  I've been making lists and leaving little sticky notes on walls and doors where there are task for me to get done. Fill nail holes, pack old clothes up, take down pictures, move boxes, cleaning the floors, washing EVERYTHING!  All that fun stuff.

Ug.

I have a new job interview on Thursday!  Internal interview at the company that I work for. Its similar skills but onto a new (better paying/more interesting) career track. I'm very excited.  Got my hair cut and colored yesterday. Honestly, this weight loss has REALLY made a difference in how I carry and think about myself.  I'm quite excited, and scared, and nervous.  One thing I'm less worries about is that.. Frankly, I look more professional now that I've lost that first 45lbs.  Also, I dress so much nicer on a day to day basis that no one is going to notice if I'm dressed "nicely", like they might have before (you know, just in case I don't get the job).

Okay - here is the brave part of the post.  I have also been doing a photo exchange with a couple of friends that wanted to kick up the weight loss, and needed some external motivation. So, since we are all in different cities, the idea of a monthly "underpants" photo exchange was agreed on.

I'm feeling Brave today... (seriously, what I would give to have hair like that!!)  And I'm pretty sure this picture will come up in the news feeds, you know... so people don't have to see what is next on their blog pages!!












SO.......I'm a going to post my pre-surgery 301lbs (left) comparison photo with my new one at 256 (right).  I was pretty astounded at the difference.  I honestly look at the first one and think that I'm "pushing" my gut out - but I wasn't, I specifically told myself to relax and just take the photo.    As I carry most of my weight in the middle, I didn't bother with the legs, but they have lost a lot too.



I'm so happy that I took all these pics. I have spared you all the 5lbs increments, but you get the idea.  This is 45lbs less of me!!!  :)  You can even see my smile in the second pic.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! That IS brave of you and I can see a huge difference! Congrats! And good luck on the new job pursuit AND the moving thing (I hate moving with a passion.) Oh and now all we need is before/after pics of the new hair. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're smiling in the 2nd pic!--that says a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very brave of you! I have these pictures too, but I don't think I could post them. I also took pictures around the same time that I do post. I love seeing the difference as well as the similarities. For instance, I have a deep dimple on one of my thighs that hasn't gone away despite losing 80 some pounds.

    It also looks like your "girls" are holding steady. Mine haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so very brave of you. I take photos like this but I haven't been able to post them online. I commend you! Congrats on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! You are looking really great! 45lbs is great progress! You should be so proud of yourself! I understand how you feel about being brave. I don't like posting pictures either but the comparison photos make it real. I love seeing the results. Don't know if I can do it in my underware tho. I am super paranoid about that. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks much ladies!!!!! I'm actually really proud and... Have so much more to go. I can't wait for another 40 off and to update this picture again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such an awesome pair of progress photos! I know those photos can be scary to post but so many really get to see what to expect.

    If it helps even my post photos were hard to take as all I could think about was the skin and saggy bits :)

    Now in clothes, that is totally different so take those along the way too! Every time you are in trying on clothes in fact :)

    Keep up the great work! Oh and I secretly covet read hair like that too! so snappy and powerful :)

    Way to work it you!!

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete