2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Focus!

Yesterday I was feeling a little dissatisfied with my weight loss, and frankly with my efforts. So, I made a change. I really stuck to my diet. I didn't go for afternoon carbs, and managed my water a lot better.

Weigh in this morning: 254.4

Yes, once again (and again and again and again) I have to re-teach myself this lesson. Eating right, even with a surgically altered stomach, is still the key. Give the body things it needs and can use. 

More water and monitoring myself is in order today.

3 comments:

  1. yeah...I need to reteach myself that lesson right now...and truth be told, I didn't even like that gingersnap I just ate...

    but very proud of myself that I walked by the cheetos without them ending up in my cart

    why oh why

    hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you! yes, its seems that its a learning curve. Much like my weightloss... I seem to learn in up and downs.

      Eventualy it will all stick, or not, and I'll keep working at it!!

      Celebrate the skipped chetos! THat should be my new motto!!

      Delete
  2. Great point! I am still working on that too! I did much better yesterday. Hopefully today will be great! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete