2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, January 10, 2013

H2O!

I did really good yesterday with the water, I also cooked a meal at home for dinner, which helps with the food numbers/calories drastically.

Dinner was "baked i.e. nuked" Acorn squash & ground Lamb meatballs!   Yummy!!  I have some for lunch today as well! I'm excited for that already.

This mornings weigh-in felt great - back down to 257.8

Its still strange to see those number, I yesterday I totally typed 285 instead of 258. Some days it feels unreal to be back in the 250's.  I was in the 250's in my late 20's.  I was a lot fitter, more muscular and (therefor) smaller. But still.  I remember being in the mid 250's... and that was 9 years ago.  NINE YEARS!

This weekend I have my first Volunteer Orientation at the Dress for Success Houston office.   It looks like a really fantastic program and I'm donating all my old too big office clothes to them, as they have a real need for plus sized clothing, as well as donating time.  So if the mood strikes you - have a look and see if you have a program like that in your town/city.  I'm really excited to be a part of something this amazing. 

1 comment:

  1. Great Job!! I love acorn squash. I have a spaghetti squash here i have to figure out something to do with.

    ReplyDelete