2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Friday, January 11, 2013

Next Goal in the sights

Weigh in this morning: 256.6

Today I'm 44.4lbs down, which is .6lbs from my next major goal - 15% (or 45lbs) lost.

Interestingly while doing some googling... 44lbs is the average size of an elephant heart!!  Oh my!

I have a busy weekend coming up, volunteering, baby shower, gym workout, cleaning, meeting with our realtor, and some good old boardgames with friends on Sunday night.  Dog needs a bath, clothes need washing and I would like to have a little bit of time to read my House P0rn (Real Simple and Martha Stewart Living).

Happy Friday all!!

4 comments:

  1. It always amazes me to come across things that are the size of the fat we've shed. I was talking to a co-worker, and he realized I've lost more than his 4 year old step-son weighs...wow! I could try walking around with him (the boy, not my co-worker) on my back to get the full effect of that. (I don't recommend you try that with the elephant, though...!)

    Have a good weekend--hope you get some of your list finished and ALSO have some time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes, getting all these tasks checked off.. I even had time to update my blog! lol

      Delete
  2. Congrats!! I love milestones like that! My husband compares my loss to cat litter and dog food bags lol. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not going to look at a 50lb bag of dogfood the same ever again!!

      Delete