2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Friday, December 7, 2012

Holding Steady

Weigh in this morning: 264.0

Holding steady, but I can almost feel the next drop coming.  Its strange, the ebb and flow that is becoming more normal with my weight loss. I'll have to break out another graph soon - cause they are fun to look at!

Today's lunch is Pita Chips and Garlic Hummus from Whole Foods.  Damn delicious!

I had a great food learning experience this morning.  The Husbeast had another follow up dr's appointment for his knees (double quad-tendon rupture repairs).  So appointment at 7am... Doctor sees us at 8:30am.. you know the drill.  Ug.  So much waiting.   ANYWAY - after we were done we stopped in the restaurant in the building for a breakfast taco before work.   Corn tortillas, egg, bacon, cheese, potatoes, salsa. 

I used to eat 2 or 3 of these bad boys, and a full coffee, and then be hungry and eating again in an hour.  Today I started noshing on it, got halfway through and realized that I wasn't going to be able to eat it all.  So I pulled the tortilla back , ate a little more of the filling, and was done.  

Its was the noticing. I noticed that I was getting full. I changed my behavior and stayed in my limit.  I was happy.  It was a nice learning moment. My eye's are changing finally - they are starting to see what I can and should be eating. No looking at how much more more more more. 

Re-training is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment