2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ahh Sunday!

Busy weekend of chores and visiting, so I guess all in all a nice balance.  

My sleeve has been great, I really notice now when I'm out eating or just out in general, that my obsessive food thoughts are much less.  I was out doing shopping and usually I would have stopped at least once for some sort of food.  Coffee AND, or a drink AND.  There was always a hook.  I'd tell myself I'd just get a latte, then I'd be eating a ckae as well.   Today, I had water in the car and that was enough. Have a sip, forget about food.   As my capacity has reduces, so has my food seeking.  I love it!

I've been great with my water today.  So I'm really pleased about that, I also went out and got a few new tops for work. I was down to 5 tops that I could wear, everything else was just too big. So I added 4 more, so I don't look like I have a M-F uniform!  haha!

I moved down into a few 18/20's and even 2 at 14/16, but they are a little tight and stretchy, so they should last a while longer.  Very pleased.

We had latkes with friends at lunch. Home-made!!
Potato, scallion & quinoa
Sweet potato, jalapeno & quinoa
Potato, carrot & ginger
and... cake balls!  

I had one small latke of each with some apple chutney and vegan sour cream - they were really yummy!  I loved the quinoa in them, and the extra add in.  They are not traditional Jewish - so they like to make things a little more special! :)  3 latkes was lots, and one cakeball did it for me.  Fried foods are not the best or easiest to stay in. I did okay, but we are going to have a super light dinner tonight.

Laundry is on, garbage is collected, blog post is written... time to make some soup and head down to watch the new Batman with the Husbeast!   Excellent end to a good weekend.

Weigh In - 263.8

No comments:

Post a Comment