2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Saturday, December 1, 2012

December already!

I can NOT believe that it is December already! Wow! Time is flying.

Last night was our Christmas party: appy's, buffet dinner, free drinks, dessert, games, prizes, photo booth.

I had half a glass of white, 3 shrimps on skewers, and 1 small bit of tuna. Dinner was a smattering of food - salad, mashed potatoes, chicken, steak, bean casserole, bun.  Honestly, I'm starting to get more picky. Its a great feeling. I eat on what protein is good, have a few bits of the rest, and I fill up so fast that I lose interest.

I can't stress enough how this is a WHOLE NEW WORLD.  I was a power and land-speed record eater. I would have had 2 plates, 3 drinks, 3 buns, and.... here is the crazy.

We SKIPPED DESSERT.  Our party had a photo booth thing, so the hubby and I stopped there on the way to the dessert table. By the time that we were done... there was none left.  I really couldn't have been happier. 

We stayed overnight at a hotel near the party for a nice treat. Breakfast included.  I left bacon (among other things) on my plate.

LEFT.BACON.ON.MY.PLATE

Yeah... I didn't want it.  meh. I had a bit, it was good, I was full.  

Fraking crazy!

okay - anyway.  I just did my weigh in since we didn't get home until late morning and I've been running around.

Weigh In: 264.6

Yes!

2 comments:

  1. Great weigh-in after a night on the town! I am looking forward to filling up with bites of food also. Sounds like the event itself was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! you are going to love it! :) So excited for you! 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete