2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, December 6, 2012

Turning Back the clock

This morning my husbeast turned around and looked at me all ready to go to work and said, “my god you’ve lost a lot of weight, you look like you did when I first met you”.  Wow, that felt good. really good.   Thats a weight that I was at some 6 years ago.  Talk about rolling back time.

I know that I am still big, but I just feel more human now. Which is horrible to say. I was telling a friend that now I feel like I’m at a size where I don’t think that people’s attention is drawn to me because of my size. No one is picking me out of a crowd as the big one anymore.  I’m blending into the shape of a person instead of a juggernaut. I’m enjoying it a lot. I know that more is to come. I’m still close to 100lbs overweight, so that is a long road ahead to navigate.  But, I’m really looking forward to it.

Weigh in this morning: 264.0

Water is going well today.  I’m looking forward to a quiet night with the dog, some TV and my book.  I’ve not been sleeping very well, and that is mostly because I’ve not been doing any of my nightly stretches. I have to get back on top of that. Also, its still in the 80’s here …. I sleep so much better when it’s cold.  I can’t wait for winter to hit so that I can snuggle down like a bug under the covers.   However, this is Houston, so the best that I can hope for is a cold snap and that we can afford to keep the AC on! Haha!!

My groin is doing a little better – still not great, so I’m going to give it another weekend to see if it will let off.  I really want to get on my bike again, but I really don’t want to get laid up either.  Arg.

So, here is my first picture... I took it in our bathroom at the office.  Jeez... my bewbs are big.  I bought this skirt for $5 at the goodwill, ohhhhh, 2 years ago and it's never fit. Until this week.  I had 2 compliments on it today already!  Color me happy!


2 comments:

  1. You are looking great, and I love that skirt! Too bad it won't fit you much longer. :)

    ReplyDelete