2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, December 3, 2012

More of the same Monday

I've been staying up too late reading and I can feel it.  I had a hard time keeping my eyes open in my Monday morning meeting.   (side note: Monday morning meeting is the worst combination ever!).

My groin has flared up again. I'm currently sitting on my ice bag in my office chair freezing this bad boy.  More rest tonight, and an actual early night that doesn't have me nodding off and on for 45min while trying to read past midnight. 

Weight was up slightly today: 264.6

Since I had popcorn from the movie theater for dinner last night, I'm not even slightly surprised!  :)  Plus, I'm getting more used to the up down of the normal weight loss routine.   I'm hitting my water hard today, because yesterday I was slack about it.  Another reason for a little blip up in the scale.

I'm feeling pretty good otherwise.  My starting to get more at ease with how I function now in terms of eating.  I'm seeing the portion that I can have, not eating past it, and trying to be really mindful of my protein.  The thing that I'm doing best at is - No drinking with meals.  Its a tough one, but I catch myself now.  One trick I do is take out the straw (which every drink down here comes with), its stops the sneaky quick sips from happening.

okay, back to work here!  More happy-fun-times in the cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment