2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Friday, March 1, 2013

KerBoom!

Another milestone fell this morning.

Weigh in 249.6

I'm under 250.  There is just something about 250lbs that sounds (to me) to be the threshold for largeness.  "Normals", i.e. people who have never had a weight problem, see that number as the over/under. The officially fat number.  

It was certainly one of those numbers that defeated me on the way up.  Over 250lbs, I was crushed. I have fought with that number for ages.  

Yesterday one of my co-workers commented on how I was half the size and looked great!  I talked with her a bit about how that morning I had hit my -50lb goal and that I had another 50 to go. She could NOT BELIEVE that I could lose another 50.  oh no, don’t do that you will be too skinny”.  I didn’t divulge my actual weight to her, but if I had, I bet that would have changed her opinion. Her opinion about it all in fact – her opinion that I look good, that I’m small enough and don’t have a lot more weight to lose. 

So, I’m finally here in my weight loss - the magical place where people who know you think that you are finally just small enough and are starting to think that you should call it off and stay where you are. Of course, my previous size is an illusion, I do look smaller, but I’m far from normal sized.  It’s the illusion from going from so big, to smaller. 

So I’ll take that compliment and move on.  Damn it I’m happy today. Under 250lbs is a great feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I totally remember getting under 250...it was like I won the lottery! YAY so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete