2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Feeling Underwhelmed today

with a number of things...

Me mostly.  Or more specifically, my efforts and weight loss in the last 2 months. 

I HAVE to make some changes, but am just feeling exhausted and spread so thin that I'm sacrificing what is good for me for what is comfortable for me. I've begun defaulting to "easy" instead of smart for meals.

I lay in bed for at least 30min this morning before getting up to get ready for work.  I COULD have been on the bike for 15 of those minutes.  

Change is hard. That's why I needed surgery, but the easy days of just losing weight are over. Now is the phase where I have to take advantage of my surgery and what it has afforded me, and grab the brass ring.

It's there for me, but it isn't going to fall in my lap.



5 comments:

  1. What short term goal can you come up with to help motivate you? You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, because you ARE worth the effort! I totally know what you mean about being overwhelmed but remember this is HOW we got to where we were because it was easy to put ourselves last on the list. Hard hard thing to change but I agree with Linda, YOU CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh - I totallly get the laying there "dreaming" about what I should be doing instead. Try to remember that working out will make you feel LESS exhausted so that's a good bonus, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how you feel! It is exhausting some times. Get moving, even if it's just a little. It will make you feel better. And don't worry about losing right now. Just maintain where you are at. When you are less overwhelmed you will start losing again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all!!! Feeling more positive now & I'm going to take up the reigns and get my ass moving. It will make me feel much better.

    ReplyDelete