2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Exercise!

Sunday - House cleaning (2 hours) and biking
Monday - rested
Tuesday - Weights

Last night was weights night.

Front squats
bar x 5 - warm up
65lbs x 5
85lbs x 5
85lbs x 5

Push Press
bar x 5 - warm up
85 x 5
85 x 5
85 x 5

Planks x 2 sets for as long as I could hold it
30sec
25sec

Tonight is going to be back onto the bike - at least 30 min, however it will be ... less exciting tonight, as the cable box crapped out last night. So we will have to watch netflix or hulu... I'm sure that I'll survive! ha! 

6 comments:

  1. What's a push press?

    Good job on the work outs! I have really surprised myself realizing that I LIKE lifting weights and getting the results I can see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A push press is a bar that you have in a clean resting position, underhand grip elbows out, bar resting alone your collar bones.

      Might be better to YouTube it!

      You do a little dip with the legs and on the up push the bar up over your head.

      It's a lot of fun!!!!! I do love weights, it's just keeping up the habit of doing it regular like.

      Delete
  2. This reminds me I need to do more weights but I love cardio so much! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do much with weights. Hoping swimming helps me out there! Good job working out! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swimming is a great workout. Swimmers have axing bodies. Lots of resistance from the water!!!

      Delete