2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Saturday, May 11, 2013

Better, all kinds of better

I'm finally feeling better. Thank the gawds!

I managed to work on Friday morning, then off to see my chiropractor. I Spent the afternoon icing on the sofa and watching HBO. 

Slept in a little this morning, went for breakfast, then off to the office for 2 and a half hours, to try and catch up on some of the work that I've missed out on. Yikes. 

My major success in the last two nights is that I could sleep in bed on my side (with a pillow between my legs) instead of on the sofa on my back with my legs up.

In the vain of my other post, "be careful what you wish for". I can definitely see a difference in my eating. I'm not as hungry, and I certainly can't eat as much as I was before. I'm still making some poor choices, but I can tell that I'm not eating as much as I was before. Of course, this is relative, the sleeve limits my volumes.... which is nothing like before. But I feel less interested in food in general.... Less food seeking behaviors. 

Before I hurt myself, I was on the slippery slope of constantly eating instead of eating and waiting. I had also started drinking and eating which of course is the universal no-no. So I'm back on my strict no drinking while I eat. Today I noticed a major change in the amount of food I could comfortably eat. 

So, progress is being made. I'm still down in the 243's from the 246's. A couple of pounds progress in May is certainly something that I like to see. 

So after a morning of running around, I'm on the sofa with ice for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Just to make sure that I don't go backwards. Next week is a busy one at the office and I cannot miss any time. 

Harry potter (first one) is on again.... Don't mind if I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment