2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, May 27, 2013

60 lb Goal

This morning was a very happy surprise.  Gold Star Happy!

Weigh in : 241.2



That is 59.8lbs lost... so, between you and me..... let's just call that 60!!  :)

60 Fraking Pounds!!!!!





I would also like to note - mostly for myself, that I really believe that I can attribute my loss at the end of this month to my water intake finally increasing again.

It is so damn important to get the water in.  I'm feeling better, I look better, I have better movements and more regular(!!), and I find that I'm not eating as much.  I was actually eating when I was thirsty.  Now I make sure that I take water with me ever where.

I've been doing other things right too, and got back on top of being very strick with my WLS directions:

1. no drinking with meals
2. stop eating when I'm full (this is a HARD one for me who is a classic stuffer, think.... wolf gulping food down at a kill)
3. More Protein

:)  Tamzin, keep at it and before long you will be in the 230's.!! 

I also spent some time reading through all my monthly and bi-monthly reports.  Its good reading for me, look back, see what I was thinking, what has changed, how I feel, how I felt. 

I remember distinctly being 231lbs in college, and one of the mens athletic team (that I was a member of the womens section) bothering me about it. It will be unreal to be back down there.  The lowest adult weight I remember was when I was 25.  I was 195lbs for about a week, but that was serious starvation dieting for an event and a dress that I had bought...

Its very exciting to think about getting down to that weight.  I already look so different, its going to be very interesting! 

In fact, I'm at the office this morning getting a few hours of work in, and we have a brunch date at 10:30with friends I have not seen in 5 months.  They are going to freak out.  I'm kind of looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! That is awesome! WTG! Funny how we distinctly remember being certain weights and how we felt at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnks Sheila! Its feeling amazing!! It is funny how those moment seem to be frozen in time - however weight was such a huge issue for me growing up, that sadly, I have mny many memories of situations were my weight came up. What is really nice, is thatI'm finally changing my obesity, and going to make many new memories that don't revolve around that issue!! I hope!

    ReplyDelete