2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Re-Sleeve Thoughts

I was correct in thinking that people don't really blog that much anymore about this, or .. not that I can find on google anyway.


I have found a few re-sleeved people on Instagram.  Most of the accounts were private, understandably, as its a platform for sharing photos, so I totally get that (I would likely do the same).  There were a couple of accounts that were open and had some good positive data on being re-sleeved and did a little poking around on their posts to see what they thought and how it went. That was a positive!


Sadly, all the WLS/Obesity forums I've found on re-sleeving revision have been almost unanimously negative towards the person that is asking about getting it done. 


Its one of those strange things about WLS surgery, there is a sort of hyper-competitiveness over how it has worked for some people, who is "doing it the best", etc.  Mostly I've noted that if it is not working for someone - there seems to be a significant amount of finger pointing to the person that is not successful. 


I was laying awake last night thinking about what the surgeon might say to me on Friday about not being as successful as I could have been  and what level of "disappointment" he is going to have. I was already lining up a bunch of excuses, but the truth is....


This is hard.  No matter if you have surgery or not.  If I was able to control this myself, I wouldn't have been in for surgery in the first place.  


I thought back to my first meeting with him and remembered how NON-judgmental he was.  So I hope that I get met with the same amount of care for my feelings again, and then I can move forward with finding out if I meet all the right criteria.


I did find another great medical article on the Re-Sleeve: Better Results in Weight Loss after the Second Gastrectomy in Re-Sleeve Gastrectomy




Very promising material. Here is a nice graph that shows the results.






Weight today: 250



No comments:

Post a Comment