2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, August 17, 2017

Endoscopy done

You know what doctors of anesthesia don't appreciate, jokes about Michael Jackson when they're going to use propofol on you for your procedure!! Oops!!

All went well for my procedure. I read the report they give after but am trying to not read too much into it, since I don't want to think one thing and be told another when I have the consultation.

I've started prepping people at work that I am going to need some substantial time off for recover from hernia surgery. I did this the first time as well- I am a "secret sleever". I don't want to tell many people about my WLS so I just don't. Especially at the office.

I'm actually feeling very restless and impatient. I have 10 days until my consultation about the tests and then September is a terrible month for work for me, so I'm going to have to schedule the revision surgery for October. Which feels like forever from here.

But I'm sure that it will go by quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment