2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, August 7, 2017

2017 update - revision/resleeve - 5 years later



Does anyone even use blogs anymore?  haha!  I think all this sh*t is done on Instagram now, but whatever.


I have updated my weights page and am back here because on Friday (august 11) I have a consultation to see about being "re-sleeved". 


I have been searching blogs to see ... has this been done? are there people out there that are talking about this?  What are the results?


Mostly I've only found medical articles, most of which are promising.  I'm not sure if that is because this is too narrow a search, or I'm bad at "googling", or if people are just not talking about this.   Regardless, I'll consult with my physician on Friday to see if I am a candidate. he has done and does do this procedure, so I'm cautiously optimistic.


I'm currently stuck in the 240-250 range.  Back to battling the same 5-10lbs over and over and over again.  I spent 20 years doing this pre sleeve, and now... I just don't want to waste time again.


I want to knock another 50+ pounds off and get a tummy tuck. I also want to do that before I'm in my late 40's instead of my early 40's. Since I was 43 last month, time is a wasting.  


I have also spent a good deal of time re-reading my early entries and wish wish WISH that I had paid attention to the bloggers that talked about the honeymoon phase and to use it to lose as much as possible. Anyway, certainly there are things that I could do better, and things that I would do differently this time around. 


I certainly do not regret getting the surgery, I would do it again in a heart beat and I hope to get a second swing at the plate as well (pun intended).   If I was good at losing weight and managing my eating, then I wouldn't be here.  So, we will see what the doc says.


Small recap:


 
      wgt
     Lost
Start
301
6 month
240.8
12 months
236.4
18 months
234
-67
19 months (low)
232.2
-68.8
24months
240.6
-60.4
36month
247
-54
48months
247.4
-53.6
57 months
251.4
-49.6
Average lost
-58.9

No comments:

Post a Comment