I had a good 24 hours to think on everything the doctor said about the re-sleeve and duodenal switch, which he thinks is the solution(unless the testing reveals another story), and I had gone into the appointment thinking that re-sleeve was the only option for me because I didn't want to have my intestines altered.
I have done a good bit of reading and soul searching... the husband and I talked about it and we both agree- whatever he recommends I will do.
We went and bought a bullet mixer so I can get through my pre op and post op liquids and puréed phases making my own baby food. I want to be sure to eat more protein this time and less pudding and cream of wheat. I also got some more small containers for food prep and some mini popcile maker for frozen yogurt pops of my own design.
My new passion is riced and mashed cauliflower!! Which will fit into the puréed phase and beyond. Tonight we had it with sautéed shrimp as the grits replacement- Devine.
All in all, I am feeling happy and now comes the long wait to testing, results, and scheduling. It would be great if they kind of find something else to fix in there that my insurance will pay for to divide out the costs, but I don't suspect so and that's fine. Husband is on board and I have a month of vacation time saved up so I will schedule my time off via that.
Weight today: 248.2