2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 2014 Monthly Recap

Monthly Recap -  RAWR Edition

Pounds Gained this month – 2.4
Pounds lost overall – 64.6

Month by the numbers.

Mar 31 - 234
Apr 1 - 234
Apr 2 - 233
Apr 3 - 232.6
Apr 4 - 233.2
Apr 5 - 233.4
Apr 6 - 232.2
Apr 7 - 232.2
Apr 8 - 232.8
Apr 9 - 233.2
Apr 10 - 232.8
Apr 11 - 234.8
Apr 12 - 235.2
Apr 13 - 234
Apr 14 - 232.4
Apr 15 - 232.8
Apr 16 - 233.4
Apr 17 - 235.8
Apr 18 - 236
Apr 19 - 236
Apr 20 - 236.2
Apr 21 - 235
Apr 22 - 235.2
Apr 23 - 235.8
Apr 24 - 235.8
Apr 25 - 237.2
Apr 26 - 237.2
Apr 27 - 236.6
Apr 28 - 235.2
Apr 29 - 236.2
Apr 30 - 236.4
 
 
Well, I really let that one go at the end here.  There must be a correlation between me setting a goal and me FAILING in the complete opposite direction of said goal.  I literally gained for six straight days the day after I said I wanted to see 229 on the scale this month.  

Expecting things of myself is dangerous apparently.   Honestly, just wandering along being happy with what I’m doing is much better. 

Of course, I also let go the triad of evil:
 
1.       Stopped drinking enough water
2.       Stopped tracking my food
3.       Started eating out more

Accompanied with poor sleep, work stress, and a general lack of self-control and boom.  Back up in the mid/high 230’s. 
 
I also had a lot of poor self-talk – the old ugly “YOU DESERVE THESE TREATS” reared its head. Nothing good ever comes from that.
 
So, its back on the wagon.  I’ve not started tracking food yet, but I’m taking steps and gawds knows, if I set anything too high I’m just going to lay down and not get anywhere.  Step one has been – TAKE A DAMN LUNCH.  Which I’ve done, but I already had a snickers bar today.  *SIGH*  
 
Also – get on top of water.  I’ve had puffy swollen feet for half a month now.  It’s all because I’m down on my water and my body is suffering from it. 
 
Today’s REAL emergency was I took a shirt off the hanger to wear to work today... and put it back because it was slightly tight at the start of the month – I couldn’t even bear to try it on and see how my belly has filled in again.  Damn it – 2lbs does really make a difference.
 
Time to get back on track. 

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there. You're completely aware of what's going on and the best thing to do is just move forward and definitely not beat yourself up over being imperfect. Maybe you can start in baby steps, like adding a glass more a water and move on from there. I congratulate you for getting on that scale every day because I know it's such a hard thing to do to stay accountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, I forgot to log my weight in MFF yesterday.BUMMER!! there goes my streak! Yes- I'm adding little things back in and trying to do some good self talk. Baby steps!!

      Delete
  2. I do admire your ability to weight, log, and analyze each month. That is super-impressive. Just don't let the negative outweigh the positive! Hang in there and keep fighting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila!! sadly, I do tend on teh negative side. Its so much easier to get down... another part of e problem! ha! But today is much better. Daily weigh ins.... I've just GOT to keep on them.

      Delete