2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, February 27, 2014

Recovery

Gallbladder removal went as well as possible. 

No complications and I'm home resting. Off the pain meds today - they make me feel worse - nausea and dizzy, but good for sleeping almost all day on Wednesday. 

I'm feeling a lot better today, able to keep some food down, easy foods - broth soups and crackers. Almost feels like my VSG all over again, but way less painful! 

I'm very pleased to have the offending organ out. And this is one of the nicest "vacations" I've had in a while. I feel no obligation to get up and do any cleaning, laundry, or anything. Rest, nap, HBO and recover. 

:)

1 comment: