2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, December 2, 2013

November 2013 Recap

November by the numbers:

Oct 31 - 239.0
Nov 1 - 238.2
Nov 2 - 238.2
Nov 4 - 236.4 (low)!
Nov 5 - 236.4 (low)!!
Nov 6 - 236.4 (low)!!!
Nov 7 - 238.2
Nov 8 - 237.6
Nov 9 - 238.2
Nov 10 - 239
Nov 11 - 237.4
Nov 12 - 238
Nov 13 - 238
Nov 14 - 237.2
Nov 15 - 238.2
Nov 24 - 240.4
Nov 25 - 240.4
Nov 26 - 240.6
Nov 27 - 240.6
Nov 28 - 241.6
Nov 29 - 243.6
Nov 30 - 241.6

Nov lbs lost/gained: +2.6
Total lbs lost: 59.4



Overall November has been a difficult and trying month, and I have had my first real significant gain after a year of surgery.  Disappointing, but realistic, and it is not so insurmountable a number, as to be defeating.

I went home for a week long vacation and that is a seriously difficult thing.  It was emotional, exhausting, and full of all the foods that I miss about home.  So I over indulged, there was no scale to keep me honest and I let it out of control.  Sadly.  However, the sleeve did its job and I managed to keep it to a couple of pounds. 

However, it wasn’t a great feeling.   Over Thanksgiving I really DID NOT WANT to get on the scale. A clear signed that I need to get on it -  so I made myself do it.  It was the kick up the arse that I needed. 

 Too many meals out, too many days without water, too many “treats” and not enough listening to my restriction.

Today is a nice 239.8 – which is back to an area that I’m more comfortable with as a stable-ish point.  I really would like to crack into the  low 230’s on a consistent basis over this month, which is my goal.

OMG… I have a goal.  AHHHH!   My first instinct is “prepare to fail”. However, I’m going to start working at this and getting some more fitness back into my life, as well as keep at my good habits.  Water, eating at home, and adding in more exercise.
 
I spent the TG'ing weekend doing yard work and putting up the Christmas lights.  I moved the bed around in the guestroom so that I can get to my exercise bike again, and I committed to starting to life weights with a friend again.  So... December is going to be exiting!

All is not lost! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm considering the 5:2 diet. You eat normally for 5 days and then go down to about 500 to 600 calories for two days. The two days shouldn't be consecutive. It is supposedly a great way to lose those extra pounds and get donw ot goal and even use for maintenance.

    I need to do something to jump start my weight loss. I am fluctuating within 3 pounds, but I can't seem to get below 180 again. It is frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally frustrating! I've not heard about the 5:2 thing, but that might be interesting...

      I know for a fact that I'm not getting enough protein,and I'm overeating the sugars. That is my main food goal. Protein Protein Protein.

      Of course, I have more to lose, so I know that will help me out. 180 is a lot different. Let me know how it goes!!

      Delete
  2. I know the frustration of the "gain during the holidays" as I did this last year and from Oct. - Jan. my net gain was +8lbs. So I threw down the gauntlet and swore that I would NOT be doing that again...so far, 2 holidays down (Halloween/Thanksgiving) and 2 to go (Christmas/New Years) with no gain. Don't let the holidays sidetrack you from your goals. (I know...easier said than done) but hang in there you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Yes. Todays gain has given me the jolt that I needed. Time to start being aware again.

      Delete