2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, November 25, 2013

Vacation

Well, last week I was on vacation and headed up to Canada to visit the family.

It was a tough one - I hadn't been home in 2 years. YIKES!  That's a lot of changes going on.

Also, my Nana has lung cancer, its not terminal (yet) and we are worried. They were going to operate on it  but once she was open they found it was too big and too many blood vessels involved. She is starting radiation this week.  I'm hopeful, but our family is very quiet and they don't talk openly about stuff.  She gave me a painting that I love from her house, and a book of poetry that she had when she was in school.  Which didn't make me feel better about it all.  :(   But I have my hopes high that she makes it through alright.

Also, my mother retired from 34yrs working for the school district in her area.  I have not held a job for longer than 4 years running so I can't imagine.   So I was there to give a speech and help with all the proceedings.  It was entertaining.

The weather was a chilly -9 (around 18F?).  BURRRRR!!!  I'm just not prepared for that kind of cold anymore.  It keep us inside and we didn't do any hiking like we usually do. 

I mostly eat and drank all my favorite things that I can't get down here (Tim Hortons, perogies). Visited with family and friends (lots of meals) and slept very little and fitfully at best.  Water was HORRIBLE.  Flying is so dehydrating as well.  I pretty much just grazed and grazed - 80% of it on garbage.  Blah. 

Frankly I'm surprised that I am in the low 240's.  Thank you SLEEVE!!!

My family is extremely disfunctional, and sadly I'm always left thinking.... why do I bother to come and visit them?  Sad, but true.

Anyway - back to work today and thankfully both the men I work for are away all week, which means that I can catch up on the 300+ emails and all the work that has been deferred.

Also, time to get on the water, and re-new my efforts to try and start working out again.  Plans must be made.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to go home for a visit. I'm planning to visit family this week also. Already trying to figure out ways to NOT gain over thanksgiving!

    Sorry about your Nana, I hope everything goes ok. And that is cool about your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is dysfunctional too, but I do love going home for other reasons (mainly because I love the place so much). I do better when I don't actually have to stay with family members!

    Sorry about your grandmother; I hope her treatment goes well. Good luck with your renewal plans!

    ReplyDelete