2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Saturday, October 20, 2012

Post 1

Well, there always has to be a first one, so I want to get it out of the way.  I'm on Day 5 post surgery, if you don't count the day of surgery, which I'm not.

I've been reading and researching for months, talking and watching friends who had surgery and their success over the last years. I've watched me expand and expand to the tune of nearly 10lbs a year for the last 4 years taking me from obese to super obese.

I've been trying and failing on my own for too long, and I'm too smart to keep at the same old ways that I know don't work for me.  So I finally took the plunge, and I think that a little documentation is going to be a great assistance along with the physical support group that I'm attending monthly.

First impressions.....

1. I'm a hell of a lot more sore then I thought that I would be. I don't know if this is because I also had a Hiatal Hernia repair along with the VSG surgery.

2. I love not being hungry.

3. I love that 3oz gives me the same feeling of full that 3 cheeseburgers used to.

That is all.
for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment