2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Sunday, October 28, 2012

First meal

I made it to the pureed foods stage :)

This mornings breakfast was 1 egg scrambled with 1 herb & garlic laughing cow cheese (its on a little side plate).



Calories: 113
Fat: 7.3
Carb: 1.6
Protein: 8.8

I took small bits, that I chewed really well, and managed to finish it all.  I was full at the end and felt a little different, I think it is the bulk that is in there. 

Second meal was 1 sachet of instant cream of wheat (plain) made with 3/4c of skim milk (got to get that protein!).

Calories: 168
Fat: .5
Carb:  26.3
Protein: 9.6

I'm going to go and have 4oz of protein shake now, and get ready for the day. Laundry is happening, the dog needs a bath and I have some more meals to plan.  I have some instant grits I'm going to try, some tuna and a few others things!   Exciting times!!

weigh in this morning: 272.6.  down .2lbs.  Certainly not my typical, but I think its about that time that it slowed up a little.  Doctors appointment tomorrow, so I'm hoping I can start biking again!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment...catching up on your story now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks Lynda! if you have any tips! shoot them my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying those laughing cow cheese wedges too, but I hadn't thought to mix it into something like eggs. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete