2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Tuesday, September 3, 2013

August 2013 Recap

Here are the numbers:

July 31 – 239

Aug 1 -239.8
Aug 2 - 239.8

Aug 3 - 239.8
Aug 4 - 238.8
Aug 10 - 241.6
Aug 11 - 241.0
Aug 12 - 241.6
Aug 13 - 241.4
Aug 14 - 241.4
Aug 15 - 242.8
Aug 16 - 242.0
Aug 17 - 243.2
Aug 18 - 243.2
Aug 19 - 242.2
Aug 21 - 242.2
Aug 22 - 240.4
Aug 23 - 240.4
Aug 24 - 241.4
Aug 25 - 239.8
Aug 26 - 240.8
Aug 27 - 240.4
Aug 28 - 240.8
Aug 29 - 241.4
Aug 31 - 239.0

Total pounds lost in August – 0.0
Total pounds lost overall – 62


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This month has not been great for eating and water. I have been overindulging in snacks, sodas (in limited, but regular quanities) and I’ve been giving myself a lot of excuses that I like to use to make myself feel better about it.  I also had some very strange period activity – which was stress related (it was 8 days late and stayed for 4 days longer than usual – not preggers!). 

I was “hoping” that I would break into the lower 230’s this last month, but hoping is not going to get me there. Moving more, eating right, and drinking my water is going to get me there.  Hoping is going to get me wallowing around at the same weight I am right now thinking about my smaller clothes and how much I want to wear them, while I eat on the sofa and watch BBC America and HGTV.  Not good.

Lots of change happened externally this month.
 
Kitchen renno completed
House painted
Moved in
Unpacking
Budget season (Yuck!!)
This last weekend I spent a good 3 hours a day up in the garage apt cleaning, scrubbing and washing it out.

Things are going to settle down, and the Houston summer heat is starting to die down a little.  Soon I’ll be happily working in the yard and drinking my coffee on the veranda in the mornings.  I can’t wait.

I do feel that my life right now is running from one fire to the next in a panic. Stomping it out to a manageable level – then running to the next fire and stomping on it, only to have to move onto the next fire and then back to  the first one again.   Spinning my wheels I guess.   I know that I need to start adding in exercise to my life, but I’m not making time for it.  There is time for it – but I’m not getting it onto my priority list.  That has to change.

I have to do more than say I need to change. I need to actually make change happen.  I need to find a way to do that. I’m not partially positive about it happening in this moment. But.. I still want to say I need to do it, so that one day… I actually will.  

YOU NEED TO MAKE CHANGES

Okay, back to my regularly scheduled update.

Progress is still being made.  My weight hasn’t changed too much (Zero balance for the month), but my clothing is fitting differently.  My smaller clothes are starting to slip on easier, I made it into my goal jacket from 3 years ago! And my regularly worn clothes are starting to look downright baggy. 

Baby steps. 

Right, speaking of – work is still a priority – as a short week is really a work deferral program and I have a lot of stuff to catch up on. Starting with the 40 emails that came in while I was out at lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment