2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, April 4, 2013

March 2013 Recap (finally)

Okay - I have started this post 3 times, and today I'm going to do it. 

Actually, its lucky that work has been so crazy, because all the first posts that I started are so bloody negative that I can't stand to even use a little bit of them.

Was March a great month? Did I pull up my socks and get on the bike?  Did I eat right all the time and not snack and have sugar for meals?

The answer to all of those is no. However, that doesn't make me a bad human being, it just makes me human. I did some of those things, for a little bit, but certainly, I have to get my ducks in a row and do them all.

The sleeve is a tool, and if I want to use that tool, its there for me.  OR, I can go against the tool, make life uncomfortable (physically and emotionally every morning on the scale) and generally fight against the flow for all its worth... then complain bitterly when it doesn't work out. Yeah... that's the ticket.

So, that was March.  I had a bad Feb. Complained about that. Didn't make ANY changes, in fact, I did worse.  Then I wanted to complain about that.  Brilliant!! 

Today, I'm feeling more positive.  Last night I had a little come to jebuz meeting with myself and here we are today.

Okay - the numbers:

Pounds lost in March: 3.6
Total lost overall: 53.6

Feb 28 - 251.0 (-50lbs!)
March 1 - 249.6
March 2 - 249.4
March 3 - 247.4
March 4 - 248.4
March 5 - 248.8
March 6 - 248
March 7 - 247.6
March 8 - 248.6
March 9 - 248
March 10 -248
March 11 - 248.4
March 12 - 249.4
March 13 - 249.2
March 14 - 249.2
March 15 - 249.6
March 16 - 249.8
March 17 - 249.8
March 18 - 247.6
March 19 - 248.4
March 20 - 248.2
March 21 - 247.6
March 23 - 247.6
March 24 - 246.6
March 25 - 245.8 (-55lbs) March 26 - 246.6
March 27 - 246
March 28 - 246.2
March 29 - 246.4
March 30 - 246.6
March 31 - 247.4


Despite the upswing in the bottom of the month, I did manage to hit another goal weigh of -55lbs.  It was only for a day, but I'm confident that I'll be getting back there soon.

Today I started taking pictures of the food I am eating (will post those later), and frankly it has increased my awareness of what was going in by 100%.  Also, it has made me start listening to my fullness level and sort of jarred me awake to what I've been putting in my mouth.  I had lunch and started some sweet-seeking behaviors... but then I realized, that I was actually full. 

It's been an eye opener for the day.  Here's to a better April.

4 comments:

  1. A 3.6 lb loss is still a loss and a good one for March! You know what you have to do and I think April will be great! The food logging makes a big deal for me too. You are aware! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right - 3.6lbs is still progress! Awareness is KEY!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Blogging about what I eat definitely helps me. I've been tracking my food fairly closely for the last 4 months and I've only lost -9lbs. Do I wish it was more? Yep! But I will take what I can get. We only hurt ourselves when we aren't honest about what we eat. Sounds like you will be making some positive changes going forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes totally. I was getting food-amnesia... just keep putting it in there girl... cause that worked for you last time right? haha Progress has been made this week. Hurray!!!!

      Delete