2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend Catch Up

Phew, its been a long week. 

Taking sick time is great for recovering, but it leaves a 2 day backlog of work at the office that I have to try and struggle out from under.  But, such is the life of the workerbee, and its good for job security.

I'm still just a little under 100% well. However, I was going to let that stop me from working out on Saturday... THEN I DIDNT.   I went and did my weights workout and my legs and mind are thanking me. Ah, so much better being active.

Also - had a nice NSV too boot.  Its been cold here in Houston (Don't hate me - cold for Houston - like 45), so I pulled out a long sleeve dry weave shirt from the hardly-used drawer.  Its a shirt I got playing with a sports team... 10 YEARS ago (pack rat much!). It was a championship shirt, so I've been keeping it.

Welp, I threw that puppy on AND IT FIT!!!!!!!  gawds damn that made me happy.

weigh in today: 245.4

Doing the up-down dance, so now to start kicking my workouts (and water drinking) into gear again. Hello bike... nice to see you again.

4 comments:

  1. good job in the gym, and congrats on the NSV those are so worth all those trips to the gym when we simply don't feel like going

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the NSV!! Awesome workout!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete