2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, March 17, 2014

Headed in the Right Direction/More Complaining/Attitude Shift

I'm still headed in the right direction.

I've been feeling very stressed lately, at the office, as well as at home: 
  1. I have an infection in my tooth (that got a root canal) and its annoying and painful.
  2. My incision for my gallbladder has one spot that is not healing... this weekend it started pusing (sorry TMI) so, I'm worried about that and have to get a dr's appointment asap.
  3. We have had an overstaying house guest for the last 10 days, and its getting to me.
I think that the abov was the reasons for the pitty-party that I had on the weekend - and the boo-hooing over being in the low 230's and not "looking better in some crappy photo that I took.   FOR GAWDS SAKE THIS IS AMAZING!  

Anyway - I took the guest shopping yesterday and to the gun range after (lol texas at its finest), but the original itinerary was that she would be out of our house traveling for most of the trip and using it as mostly a way station.  She cancelled all those plans and has been lounging on our sofa eating us out of house and home and begging rides all over. 

I'm kind of sick of it. I didn't really expect to have to cook, clean and feed her for 12 days solid as well as work full time and be a chauffeur. This is YOUR vacation, not mine. Also - 45min hot showers and running the laundry every second day.  Yeah... this is not what I signed up for.

I'm such a creature of habit a well, so I just can't be comfortable.  She also won't shut up about how little I eat.  It's really grating on me.  

She was supposed to head out this morning and be gone until Wednesday, but told us that she changed her mind and will be back this evening.  REALLY. 

This is why I never stay with friends when I travel.  No matter what they say - I know that I will never slot smoothly into their schedule.  I always stay in hotels and I need a lot of quiet time to myself each day.

Rant over. I must sound horrible. She is leaving on Thursday so we only have a few more days of this.

NSV Alert!!

Shopping.  We went to Old Navy and I am now between a size 18 and 16 regular jean.  OMG!!  So excited!  Finally out of my fat pants.

YAY!!

Scale this morning - 232.6.   So pleased.   Going to have to work to put on a happy face today.  But it must be done.

1 comment:

  1. Dude - you're a saint. NO way could I ever do what you're doing for her. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete