2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Friday, October 6, 2017

Surgery Date!

It pays to be persistent and organized! The doctors office submitted the surgery under different Hiatal Hernia codes that my insurance WILL pay for. 


The only problem is that there will be an overnight stay needed, which will not be covered by insurance, but that's fine.  I will end up paying about 10 - 14K out of pocket.  Better than 40K. 


November 7th is the date. 


I had the option of Oct 31st, but my husband is traveling that week, so that won't work, but I REALLY would have loved to have had surgery on Halloween!! haha!


Regardless.  I am so excited for the surgery.  Hernia repair is needed - I had a piece of hard boiled egg get stuck in my esophagus a couple weeks ago and I can feel it moving more and more. 


Very Pleased to finally be on track. 


Pre-Op diet will start on Oct 23.  PERFECT.  No candy for me at all! 









No comments:

Post a Comment