2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, October 23, 2017

Duodenal Switch - Pre-surgery doctors appointment

Today was the pre-surgery appointment.  I'm SO excited.


Weighed in at 249.6lbs
Got my front on and side pictures done.


He went over what they were going to do, ensured that I didn't have any questions. Made sure I understood how important my vitamins are from here forward and that I would very likely have "loose stool" especially if I eat fatty foods. 


Check, check and check.  I need to have at least one night in after surgery, because of the bowel changes, you have to stay in to make sure there is no leakage.


There will be no revision to my sleeve at all - it is "too risky", however he did say that most of the VSG to DS patients say that they notice a decrease in the amount of food that they eat.


I was originally told I would start my pre-op diet 2 weeks out, and so I was prepped to start tomorrow.  They said I could do one week if I wanted, but I'm already primed to start now, so might as well.  Any weight I lose on this side of the surgery will help me get to my goal on the other side faster and better.  I might have a cheat meal this coming weekend, but if I'm doing really good... I might not!


Paid my $10.5K, all set for surgery on the 7th.


2 weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment