2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, October 9, 2017

Prepping!

Such a great feeling knowing that this is all scheduled!  


I have my pre-op set for the 23rd, and my diet starts on the 24th. 2 weeks away! 


I'm a secret WLS person, so I have been (again) prepping my coworkers with the details about hiatal hernia surgery and that I will be on a controlled diet afterwards and the dr. wants me to lose 50lbs. 


I want to shoot for 70-80lbs.  To the layperson that will look like 50. Ha!  


As I was typing this the notification for my surgery cost and instructions came through. YAY!


Surgery will cost me $10,500 for my portion of the DS, the hospital will contact me for the portion of fees/anesthesia that my insurance is not covering.  Plus all the other BS about if there are other things I will have to pay for them if they are out of network, first born, left arm etc. etc.


Pre-Op Liquid Diet:
1,200 Calories a day
High Protein, low carb, low fat, low salt
+1 multivitamin/day


4-5 Meal replacement drinks (160*5=800 calories)


Plus:
Sugary free gelatin, popsicles
Skim milk
Water (w/ crystal light or similar 0 calories waters)
Broth and tomato soups (low salt), Reduced fat cream soups
Fat free pudding
Greek yogurt (no fruit), cottage cheese (no fruit)
Cream of wheat (with skim milk)


Avoid caffeinated, carbonates, and sugary beverages.
No alcohol, No smoking (easy... I don't do either of these).


The only part that will be hard for me will be the coffee wean.  I love me some caffeine.


I found some really interesting bone broth at the Whole Foods that I'm excited to try. Turkey, Sage & Rosemary, and Chicken and Ginger. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment