2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Thursday, November 2, 2017

Pre-Op Liquid Diet, Prep and 5 days and counting!!!

I've been doing okay on my liquid diet.... but have included scrabbled eggs and cottage cheese. 


I just ate a giant handful of M&M's at my desk and am feeling disappointed, reckless, and irritated at no caffeine and no sugar and the crazies are setting in. This makes me long for the first few months out of surgery where I had no desire to eat and the next year where interest in food drops again.


Thankfully my husband is in NYC for work this week so he is not at home for me to yell at in my spiraling crash.  I thankfully found some caffeine free tea in the house last night so that I had something to keep my mouth and hands occupied doing.  I'm going to have to stock up on some more of that today.


Yesterday I had my pre-op EKG and blood tests.  Got the whole NIL by mouth after midnight on the night of surgery and my surgical shower scrub and instructions to reduce infections.


Weigh in this morning was 245.6 again.  This is the lowest that I've been in 2 years.  (YAY)!


I'm also off my pooping schedule right now so it would be nice to have a big BM, but mostly I'm feeling bloated from the liquid diet messing with my system.  I typically eat a LOT of fiber, so this is a drastic change.  However, as I type that... I am going to be doing a drastic change, so best get used to it now.


Trying to get prepped for the last 2 days in the office this week before my three weeks off, get caught up on my homework, clean up the spare room for my girlfriend that is coming in for the weekend, prep the food I'll need and make sure that these M&M's are the only off track thing that I do.


I will say that I am so glad that I have continued to track my weight even though I wasn't happy with how it was going.  looking at the following graphs that I have from my data in excel is great!


5 Years from first surgery in 2012 to weight on Oct 31, 2017
Oct 2012 - Starting weight 301
April 2014 -Lowest weight 232.2
1 year out from surgery I was 236.4



Current View of the April 2014 (lowest weight to now)
Sept/Oct 2015 was the last time I was in this weight range.


No comments:

Post a Comment