2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, November 13, 2017

Backed Up

Day 6 post surgery, I was really suffering yesterday with belly pain. However I was also on day 7 of not pooping!!

The pre-op liquid diet was hard on my bowels since I eat a lot of fiber. The lack of anything my mouth and a few days of 400cal of liquids only left me very uncomfortable.

Yesterday I had 30ml of Milk of magnesia, and 15ml of the same this morning and I finally passed it. What a relief!!!

It was very strange to me to be constipated because all the DS people talk about loose bowels. That might come now too, but I was getting concerned.

I’m happily resting and my incisions are feeling less strained.

I have an egg timer to remind me to keep sipping all day so I’ve been getting 50ish grams of protein and 48-60ml of calorie free liquids as well.

Feeling pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment