2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Friday, October 26, 2012

Real Clothes

I'm going to admit that I've been pretty much chilling in tee shirts, sport bras, athletic shorts, yoga pants and stretchy tank tops since my surgery.  I take casual and comfortable to a whole new low! ha!

However, I had to go out into the real world today with the Husbeast to his doctors appointment, so I felt the pressure to put on some real clothes instead of looking like I just popped up off the sofa from a nap.

Okay, I still wore a sports bra... however, I put on my Capri's and a (real) tank top and a "fancy" kind of tee shirt over it.  Everything was loose. I typically would fight with that tank top to stay out from under the tee to "hide" my fatness. An epic battle of riding up vs pulling down, that I was on the losing side of.

Today. It just hung there.  YES!

I'm really looking forward to not spending so much time dressed like a fat gym coach. I can't wait to not have to worry about being uncomfortable in button up clothes so much so that I won't wear them anytime other then for work.

Monday is my 2 week follow up appointment with my WLS surgeon, I'm so excited!!! I think that I'll be headed back into the office on Tuesday.  At least part days, and go from there. I can't miss much more work, so I'm going to have to tough it out.

Weigh in today: 273.8

another 1.6lbs gone.  Woot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment