2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 13

Day 13!!  I'm super excited because that means that tomorrow is Day 14 and on Day 14 I get to start adding back into my life..... pureed food!

Which means that I'm going to start to get to eat two of my favorite breakfast foods again: Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese!!!!!!  Not together, those are just my go to breakfasts. I am super excited!!!

I'm slightly nervous.....

How much am  I going to be able to eat?
Am I going to be able to control myself?
Is this sleeve still going to work?

You know, all the crazy fat girl questions that ping around in the brain pan making a nuisance of themselves.

I know that this is working, it will continue to work and I'm not going to eat too much. It's uncomfortable and scary. I don't want to break out any stitches, I don't want to overeat. I know that this is a mind thing, so I'm going to work really hard on it.  I'm confident though, in my experiences with my first phase and yogurt. You can't eat more, its full at the inn and it tells you!  :)

Getting my protein in is going to be a snap now. Eggs, tuna, crab, re-fried beans.....Yes yes and yes! I have also bought some chicken and turkey baby food containers, so that I can get in a little variety in my meats.

My daily protein this last 2 weeks has ranged between 36 (low) to 65 (high) for the liquid phase. Its hard to get enough protein in, so this is going to be a relief.  I'm also looking forward to starting back exercising.... I'll see what is allowed. I've been walking the dog and doing our house stairs all day.  I have a stationary bike that I can't wait to get back on. 

Okay - here is day 14 - through week 4 (Nov 18th).

Heres the list:

2-3Tbsp at a time
60 - 80g protein daily
- fine chopped scrambled eggs
- pureed meats/poultry (low fat broth or gravy to soften)
- soft flaky fish (low fat mayo to moisten)
- fat free re-fried beans
- cottage cheese
- Yogurt
- mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes/pumpkin (WOOT just in time for the pumpkin season!)
- pureed fruits
- pureed veg
- cooked cereals (I have oatmeal, cream o wheat, grits, rice meal)
plus everything from the prior stage. So I'll likely be having a shake a day still, and getting in as much water as I can.

I need to do a quick shopping trip as I'm out of broth, yogurt and low fat mayo, and I want to pick up some more veg - specifically avocado because it will go nicely with the tuna and crab meat.

Weigh in today: 272.8

one more pound gone.  :) 

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment