2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Wednesday, November 29, 2017

3 week update

I don’t want to update too much here as I want to save it all for my 1 month surgiversary...

But the main difference in this surgery is that I had one incision left open to drain. Last week the doc finally stitched it closed and this morning I went in to see about getting them out. He only took out some, not all. However the good news is that there is NO infection and it’s past the point where infection is likely to set in.

So I need to go back in on Friday to see if the rest can come out!! Fingers crossed because damn I want to have a normal shower at some point!!! LOL

The weight is coming off and I’m happy to report that the conversion to DS had diminished my hunger. I was worried about how high my level of hunger paunges that I had pre revision. He assured me that his other revision patients noted that it was reduced in that area.

Okay, that’s all for now... next week... revision surgiversary... revisaversary??


No comments:

Post a Comment